How did i end up here, blogging about my life



How did I end up here hanging of a rope in the Middle East inspecting a safety sling on a Jack up rig. 

This is my little trip on this planet with a few laughs along the way with some Kind, amazing people, Strange places, Wonderful sights, awful smells, crazy taxis,  bad grammar,  bad food, 
From a loving home in Thornaby on Tees with a great family full of fun laughs to  joining the Army  for 22 years and visiting lovely places along the way such as  Belfast, Canada, Oman, Bosnia, Germany, Afghanistan,  Iraq. and a few other countries with  lots of different bars, funny currency, 


Well my story is quite a simple one and for the next few weeks or months I will share this with you and tell you my how I became afraid of heights to working in rope access, NDT inspections and coaching and mentoring rig crews in health and safety

Comments

  1. We met through the Cleveland Army Cadet force! You were so keen even as a teenager. You always encouraged the young cadets to turn up smart and would take them through various military skills. I remember your process of joining the army! Some people thought you wouldn't stick it out! A young lad from thornsby joining the Green Howard's and what a career you had! You would often come back to the cadets encouraging kids to work hard at school to better themselves. You endpired a lot of people to join the Army including me. Looking forward to hearing your stories Jimmy. You've done well for youself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Thanks Kerry and it was your Dad who enlisted me X1X

      Delete
  2. I've known Jimmy for quite a while, although we haven't seen each other since Osnatraz. He is one of the most honest (says it as it is) amiable and funniest individuals (he's a team player as well, rare commodity now days) you'll ever have the pleasure in meeting. Aside from being a first class soldier (Mortarman, 'Round in the air, where do you want them') he'll leave you in stitches as well as in the darkest of seedy shit holes on his ventures. Remember Jimmy, the longing for far away places and adventure, is in our genes. Chalky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course mate 'Round in the air, where do you want them' ha ha ha ha

      Delete
  3. I still laugh about the shop on Havelock Street (Co Op?) buddy. Intrigued to read what’s happened since 1990!
    Enjoy writing it, Fino

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Fino ,,,you see i had forgot about that till i read that and you sent that little trigger to my brain that opened a memory,

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Normal night out in Germany

R.I.P Nicotine March 1992- 4th November 2010